Monday 9 February 2015

Inexpensive V-day ideas <3

A lot of people find Valentine's Day a bit too much, it's busy and expensive, and there's a whole lot of pressure.. Not to mention it promotes an idea that we can only be romantic on one day of the year.

But sometimes it is nice to have an occasion to celebrate, especially when everyone has Christmas/winter blues. My partner and I aren't very openly romantic. There are no PDAs, not a lot of hand holding, that's something we do when we're alone, like a secret (apart from now it's not so secret). But that doesn't mean we don't like to let each other know how much the other is appreciated.

So I'm going to suggest a few Vday ideas that don't cost the earth and are subtly romantic- unless you and your partner are the PDA romantic type, and in that case go crazy!

1. In my opinion and experience hand made cards/gifts are the best.


Last year Dan made me these. I am a huuuuuuge Harry Potter geek, so he made me my very own marauders map and a note that Dumbledore gives Harry in the first book, just personalised.

It was the most amazing present and I appreciated it even more because I know how long he must have spent making it. (And clever him, it didn't cost a penny!)

2. You don't have to break the bank.


 


There is nothing wrong with treating your significant other to an inexpensive dinner, a bit of chocolate and a few glasses of wine, as long as you're together and happy. That's the whole point right? 

3. It's hard for couples who still live at home to get private time together. Why not book a standard hotel room for the night? 


Premier Inn boasts that it has rooms from £35 per night. If all you want for Valentine's is a bit of privacy with your love, then it's perfect. 

6. Finally, I say dress up! No matter what you do or where you go (even if you're just cooking each other dinner) it will feel way more romantic and celebratory if you both make an effort.


I hope you all enjoy yourselves! Let me know how your dates go! (And if you're single, have a date with your mates! They are your first love. And love is love after all, and that is what Vday is about!) 

Spread the peace and love this weekend ✌️

 

No comments:

Post a Comment