Wednesday 3 December 2014

Lips That Can Party All Night

I was shocked when I realised how many of my lovely friends who are fantastic at make up didn’t know the trick to keep lipstick on all day and night. So it made me wonder how many other lovely ladies aren’t privy to the secret. In this post I will go through how I put my lipstick on in the morning to make it last all day (no matter what I eat or drink).
I am aware that this post would have worked better as a vlog but I don’t have a decent camera or lighting so for now this will have to do.. I have done my best!
Firstly, this is what you will need to complete this look.
068
Lip balm, concealer, lip liner (MAC ‘currant’), a lip brush, lipstick (MAC ‘rebel’), one square of tissue, and a bottle of Lipcote.
FIRST STEP: Rub a tiny amount of lip balm onto your lips, this works as a primer. It will take any dryness out of your lips, making it easier to apply the liner. Then take some concealer and dab it onto your lips then even it out with your finger.
072
SECOND STEP: Line all around your lips (if you want a darker fuller colour then you can fill your lips in with liner as well, but I’m going for more of an ombre look this time). Make sure you don’t forget the creases in the corner of your mouth, this will ensure you join the lips evenly and your lips will look fuller.
074
THIRD STEP: Apply the lipstick. For this you don’t have to use a brush but I always do just to make sure its even and well covered. Then take your tissue and blot.
078
FOURTH STEP: Re-apply the lipstick, you will see the colour deepen and you can go over any edges that my be slightly uneven.
073
FIFTH STEP: Reline the outer lip, depending on what look you are going for this can be a nice light line, or like me, quite dark. Then take your lip brush and just blend it in slightly so the look is not so dramatic.
076
SIXTH STEP: Apply your Lipcote. Now I’m not going to lie to you, this will feel like your lips are on fire for around 7 seconds.. But then it dies down and you just have to wait for it to dry. Best to try and keep your mouth perfectly still for this, it will take around a minute.
075
And there you have it, do this in the morning and I can guarantee that come 8pm your lips will be perfect. The only thing you may need to touch up is the inside of your lips if you eat things like sandwiches or burgers as the contact with your lipstick will inevitably rub a bit.
077
I have gone through this process step by step so it might seem like it would take ages but that is absolutely not the case, it takes about 4 mins in total.
Give it a go ladies and let me know how it works out!
Peace and love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment